Subscribe to be notified about new releases!

subscribe for updates

* indicates required

Next Steps



here we go again, obsessing over the next album. 

all I can think is that I not only want it to be good, but I want it to hold the weight of the last two years of my life. I guess its more difficult to wrack your brain over what today's definition of a dope album and live your life at the same time. but at the very least, one should inspire more of the other. 

I have a decent anthem for my mother prepared, but I'm thinking maybe I should make something more nuanced than the 2 minute venting session that I ended up doing. especially with the nasally performance that ended up coming out. I just need to do the whole thing over. 

I got some cool cuts so far though. I'm just not sure cool is enough, and word on the street is, the people demand some type of R&B song. even Biggie needed something seductive sounding to get on. and If I want my Plats, I cant be above doing the same thing. (obviously in my own way)

Alas how do you make depression, grief and loneliness sound cool and exclusive?

you can tell that question brought me back to listening to "Ready to die" by Biggie, although I wouldn't put my feelings in those words at all. in a world post South park and early 2000's slim shady, or even blog era odd future, I don't think we need any more shock value raps. at least not from me anyway. 

with that being said, I think the perfect next step would be to drop and make content for "Hoodie season 2" around late September and early October. then maybe the full album of 10 songs can come out in January. I don't remember where I've heard it but I heard that January is the best time to drop new unestablished music. might as well partake. 

Comments

Best of Boukmanflow

Youtube Juice